Monday, October 27, 2008

Trick or Treat Street










Once again, our soccer team dressed up and volunteered at Trick or Treat Street. Everyone had a great time, including Larry and I, when we weren't having to play "the enforcers!" You know how it is when you mix teenage boys with teenage girls! Add unlimited candy, a secluded atmosphere, and costumes to the mix and you are bound to have your hands full as chaperons. It really wasn't as bad as all that! I can't believe how much Dylan absolutely loves this and he gets into character like you wouldn't believe. He was yelling "rock on" at the trick or treaters as he gave out candy. The boy is a hard worker too. He really took his job seriously. Jordan was terrific as the Joker and there were lots of Batman's around yelling at him "I'm going to get you, Joker!" He was really good with the little kids and commented on their costumes as he gave out candy. He really likes hanging with his soccer coach too, talking about futsol and sports in general. Larry was "hot" as a biker dude. Some would say this was not a far stretch for him since I have been told before that they called him "scary Larry" when they first saw him. Once you get to know him, you realize he is a big teddy bear with a heart of gold. I was a hippy, which really isn't much of a stretch for me either. Sadly, I found I had most of my costume already in my wardrobe. AND it was items I wear all the time (not together though). I guess I am the perfect candidate for "What not to Wear." Anyway, fun and craziness was had by all, and WAY too much candy!

0 comments: