Wednesday, July 16, 2008

New Arrivals at the Garahana House!


I know, I know. Some of you were probably speculating as to what the new arrivals could be? Obviously, unless we are adopting (not happening), a baby would be out of the question! No new puppies allowed either. Cracker would be crushed since he has "only child syndrome." The new additions are some baby hummingbirds that have taken up residence above our front door! They are so cute and quite messy! Who knew something that small could have such active bathroom habits! What ARE they eating??? Larry has worked so hard on our garden. I think word has spread throughout the hummingbird community that this is the "must see" spot because I cannot believe how many there are. At any rate, we are enjoying watching these tiny creatures grow. Talk about overcrowding. I don't know how they fit in that little nest! We'll be sad to see them go, but you have to let go sometime!

2 comments:

Lia said...

How sweet!! That garden must have some pretty tasty nectar! At the Townhouse we had Hollyhocks and Rose of Sharon bushes that always attracted them, but never over the front door. If it rains, I wonder if that will make your front porch nice and slick!

The Whetstone Family said...

Thanks for the book recommendation--I think I'll order it. Jason said "if Stephanie is recommending something about cooking, it must be good!" That nest is neat, by the way!