Friday, August 15, 2008

The Creepy Cat Lady!

Sorry, I have been too busy to blog lately and I have quite a lot to write about, but I have to share this story first because it was so bizarre! All I could think when it was happening was, no one will believe this! As I have shared in the past, I am on Team Wanna'bes for Salt Lake Get Fit. In our undying quest to beat the dairy men of the valley, Michelle and I decided to walk at the Old Salt Lake Cemetery to get extra points. Let me first say that this is a great place to go and very distracting if you are trying to just focus and get your heart rate up! There are way too many interesting headstones to read. While Michelle and I were looking for her relative's headstone (like I said, we were easily distracted), this lady appeared from behind a headstone. That wasn't so bizarre in and of itself except she was walking a cat on a leash AND the cat came up to us like it was a dog! She asked us if we were looking for someone in particular because she comes there all the time to walk her cat and she knows where everyone is! We said we were just looking (I felt like I was shopping and didn't want the sales person to bother me). Michelle was now completely creeped out and started backing away. I was more curious and thought she was just a lonely "cat lady." I didn't really have much time to find out more about her because Michelle kept saying "Let's get out of here. She is freaking me out!" I think Michelle was worried that the lady was a ghost or something. We continued our walk and now we had plenty to speculate about. When we were near the end of our trek, we watched a car drive by and the crazy cat lady had the cat on her lap looking out the window while she was driving. It did look like the cat was driving at first! Hence, the video I have attached, Toonces the Cat That Could Drive A Car. This cat looked exactly like the cat from Saturday Night Live. Any how, enjoy the video and if you have a chance, visit the Historic Salt Lake City Cemetery. You too could have an encounter with a crazy cat lady! Maybe the cat will even come up to you and wag its tail!

1 comments:

Lia said...

That's really weird!!