Sunday, August 17, 2008

Larry is my Home Boy!!!!

I was looking through the pictures I have taken recently and came across this picture of Larry. It just inspired me (along with Aunt Sherlene and John's 50th wedding anniversary yesterday) to take a few minutes to talk about my wonderfully funny life companion. We women may grumble now and again about men! After all, they are foreign to us of the female persuasion. I shake my head when I come into a room and see Larry intensely watching two men pummel each other during Ultimate Fighting. Of course, Jordan and Kyle are right there too if they happen to be aware it is on. (Dylan is off on the computer.)My comment is always, Oh no, not more man TV! Of course, Larry keeps reminding me that I have "Television for Women." I know he is referring to Lifetime and O. Seriously, I like a good boxing match as well, but the extreme fighting, extreme eating, extreme gross stuff, and general extreme stupidity is sometimes too much to watch. But, men love this!!! I digress. Despite this love of the extreme, Larry is definitely a Man for All Seasons. Don't let his gruff exterior fool you. Underneath is a loving, caring, truly funny man that loves to laugh hard, play hard, and work out hard! He is a dedicated and committed father. He is sentimental at times which may surprise some. He writes love messages and hides them under paint, in furniture he has constructed, and throughout various places in the house for people to find many years down the road. Then they will discover his proclamation of love for me. Pretty sweet, huh? He has planted me a surprise rose garden for mother's day, carved me a jewelery box for our Anniversary (complete with hearts and the date on it), and made me jewelery. I could go on, but you get the picture. I am shameless in my quickness to volunteer him for projects for school. He has made the appreciation banners for our librarian for years just to mention one of the many projects. He doesn't ever complain. In my defense, he is such a gifted artist, I can't help but want to put his talents to good use. I also think he is "hot." He makes fun of me because I think he is sexy when he bowls, roller blades (he is soooo smooth), plays soccer, and says the word "cooler." Actually, I feel that way most all of the time when he is around. No one else could put up with my Type A personality and embrace it like he does. It is good he is pretty low key because otherwise our house would be an asylum! He is the yin to my yang. (How mushy can I get?) And yes, it drives me crazy that he can sleep through ANYTHING!!!! But, he is my very best friend who loves me unconditionally, supports me through everything, laughs genuinely at my humor and sarcasm, thinks I am beautiful even when I have food on my face, and will happily spend the day with me doing anything I have a whim to do. I just really think I don't say it enough how much I love and appreciate my Geo Dude! "Larry, you is my man!"

3 comments:

Lia said...

That was very sweet. I know I've had the chance to chat with you before and I've seen how much you appreciate and love your man!! Way Cool!!

Jones Fam said...

YEA!! I'm glad we found your blog (through Jason and Stacy's). It'll be fun to keep track of you all, since we just get the tidbits that people remember to tell us. PS--I hear that Larry blows some mean bubbles while roller skating (not with gum, either)!

Schooley Family Blog said...

I'm so glad you love my brother so much! He's always been one of my personal faves :)