Sunday, August 31, 2008

Salt Lake Get Fit May Kill Us Yet!!!

So, the saga continues in The Wanna'bes quest to beat the "Dairy Men" but, I never thought our lives would be in jeopardy over our competitive spirits. Michelle (Thelma to my Louise) and I decided to walk at Memory Grove/ City Creek Canyon today. Yes, it was raining like crazy and Michelle's husband made some reference to tornadoes before she left the house, but we would not be swayed! When we got to Memory Grove it had stopped raining and the wind had stopped blowing. It was actually a nice temperature for walking. Michelle and I were happily enjoying the sites and I was filling her in on the notorious reputation of Memory Grove when we heard a loud C-R-A-C-K! Michelle screamed "Stephanie!" I looked up in time to see a gigantic tree falling right on us! Michelle sprinted to safety and I guess I was slower than her because she was terrified the tree had landed on me. Really I was just making sure I didn't end up like a cartoon character (Wile E Coyote comes to mind) who runs directly into the path of the falling tree and is smashed into a pancake! When I say we NARROWLY escaped, I am not exaggerating! Michelle and I hugged each other and laughed hysterically (because we were hysterical!) There was a lady behind us and another tree had fallen and nearly hit her. She ran because she heard us scream. We decided that was enough exercise for one evening and also paranoia had set in, it seemed as though all of the trees there were about to fall. On a humorous note, the lady behind us thought Michelle and I were a couple! I think it might have had to do with it being Memory Grove and the fact that we were hugging each other. That is the closest I have ever come to a terrifying accident like that. It was surreal! Even Michelle's night driving wasn't as harrowing! Sorry Michelle, but when you keep saying you can't see a thing, it's a little unnerving! Whoever said that exercise was good for you, hasn't had a tree nearly fall on them! Michelle and I continue to press on as Salt Lake Get Fit comes to an end. Perhaps we are tempting fate to try and walk one more dangerous path, but "We are women, here us roar (or run!)"



1 comments:

Lia said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad you're safe!! I do have to say, I wish I'd been there to see it. That would have been so funny (only because you made it out safely of course)!! I can't believe a tree almost fell on you!! I'm still in awe!