Friday, July 11, 2008

Bonneville Shoreline/Red Butte Trail


Yesterday, Larry, Michelle, and I went on the Bonneville Shoreline/ Red Butte hike. This was to add more bonus points to our Salt lake Get Fit. Those Cream O' Weber teams are really getting to us! It's a dairy for heaven's sake. How can they amass so many points? OK, so perhaps we are getting a little too involved with this thing! Jordan passed on this hike because he was recuperating from his Velocity speed training. "Mom, it hurts to raise a sandwich to my mouth!" Leslie was stuck on the road. We timed this so we would be there for the sunset. I have to tell you, this was no leisurely walk. I had already worked out for almost 2 hours and Larry had worked out for 3! Like I said, we are a little overzealous. The trail was about as confusing as it could get. This walk was supposed to take 30 minutes and it took us at least an hour. I know we are slow, but not that slow. The communing with nature was the best though. We saw many birds, a deer, and some stink bugs (huge) that were ready to strike at the first sign of provocation! We got on the wrong trail many times even though our resident geologist was responsible for making part of this trail when he was in college. Amid all of the questions, "Where are we going? Does this seem right? Are we lost?" I have to say it was so much fun. I believe it was the witty banter of Larry and Michelle, as well as just being outside. There is nothing like some good company to make your day complete!

0 comments: